The online resource for blackjack from gambling bonuses to tips and gambling strategy and other casino games and more
Play free blackjack
Five Things You Should Know About Blackjack
The number of games available to play in casinos, and on the Internet, is innumerable. With thousands of games for browsers and players to choose from, it is a wonder that the blackjack game could rise above the rest to sit as one of the most popular games available to play. From its modest roots on the casino tables in France during the 1700’s to the craze on the Internet and in Hollywood that it is today, blackjack is truly an original game. There are people that have devoted their lives to learning how to play blackjack and there are many books published on the topic. Here are five interesting facts and observations that will help in appreciation of this amazingly simple but equally exciting card game.
1. With blackjack it is possible to “try before you buy”. Considering that there are a fair number of people that have only experienced blackjack by maybe seeing a documentary on television, or seeing it played in a movie, it goes without saying that there would be hesitation before throwing away hard-earned money on a game. In order to gain confidence on the blackjack rules, one only needs a deck of cards. Try to get as close to 21 by yourself or with a friend. Another great way is to try playing for free on the Internet with any number of sites. It’s okay to make a mistake in this environment!
2. Blackjack strategy can reduce the house odds. In typical multi-deck blackjack play, the player can use various strategies to reduce the house advantage to less than .5%. This means that blackjack odds are the best in all of the casino games. The strategies that can be employed are legal, and are simply a combination of understanding the probability of certain cards turning over, and the more complicated card counting strategy. There are charts that provide rules for whether to hit or stand on every combination in the deck. Memorize the combinations, and reduce the house odds.
3. There are several different rules and types of blackjack. When you are looking to play blackjack, house rules and game types vary from casino to casino. One of the most important rules to watch for is whether the dealer hits on a soft 17 (which is a hand that totals 17 with the ace counted as an 11). When the dealer hits on a soft 17, it disadvantages the players for more hands than it helps. Variations on blackjack betting such as only being able to split once should also be noted. Ask the dealer, or check the online casino rules to make sure there are no surprises.
4. The best blackjack hands. One of the best blackjack tips is to know when you have a good hand! The best two-card combination is obviously a blackjack (ace and ten or face card) followed by an ace and 9 or two ten-valued card. The next best is a pair of aces, or being dealt a total of eleven.
5. Not all online casinos are user friendly. Be aware that when you play online blackjack, that the software can be adjusted to give an unfair advantage to the casino, and there are times when the payout takes much longer than expected. Make sure that all of the rules and terms and conditions are reviewed before playing alone or in a blackjack tournament.
This information should get you thinking about the right things before you start playing blackjack, but whatever you do, don’t forget to have fun!
Article Courtesy of Gambling Articles Only
Gene Marshall is a casino authority and works for many recognized internet casino sites. He focuses on commentaries about an online casino and free casino games. Additional blogs published by Gene Marshall on the issue of internet casino can be accessed on the web.